Enrique Ferrer Rodríguez
I acquired my degree in Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) 1973. I studied for my doctorate in Medicine and Surgery at the same University and then completed a Master's Degree in Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery. I am the Vice President of the Minimally Invasive Neurosurgical Society.
Former President of the Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SEN) and the National Commission of Neurosurgery. I am a member of the Reial Acadèmia de Medicina de Catalunya and several international medical societies. Currently a delegate of Spain in the EANS and in the WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgery Societies). I am an avid fan of computer science, domotics and medical technology, and enamoured with the sea. I just love sailing.
- Specialist in Neurosurgery and Neurology.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery by the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- Master’s degree in Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery.
- Multiple stays in Neurosurgery Services in Europe and the United States.
- Lecturer in more than 400 National and International Congresses.
- More than 100 publications in magazine with impact factor.
- Development of 32 research projects.
- Sixto Obrador Award for the best communication, 2009.
- Esteve Award for the best communication, 2006.
- Member of the International Edition Committee of the Neurosurgery magazine.
- Coeditor of the magazine Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery.
- Peer reviewer of the World Neurosurgery magazine.
- Peer reviewer of the Journal of Neuro-Oncology.
- Tenured professor at the University of Barcelona.
- Member of the Faculty of the AANS (American Association of Neurosurgery) and the EANS (European Association of Neurosurgical Societies).