Francisco Soldado Carrera
I am an expert in brachial plexus and in malformations and surgery of pathologies related with the upper limbs. I am currently the Head of the Plexus, Paediatric upper limb and Microsurgery Unit of the Paediatric Orthopaedic Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Previously I was the head of the plexus, paediatric upper limb and Microsurgery Unit at the Hôpital des Enfants de Toulouse, France, and head of the plexus, paediatric upper limb and Microsurgery Unit at Vall d'Hebron Hospital, in Barcelona. In the field of teaching, I am a lecturer at the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. I belong to a number of different scientific societies, such as the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), the Spanish Paediatric Orthopaedics Society (SEOP) and the Spanish Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Society (SECOT).
- Doctor’s degree in Surgery (cum laude). Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2009.
- Specialist in Orthopaedics and Traumatology. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2004.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. Outstanding Honours Award. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1998.
- Head of the plexus, paediatric upper limb and Microsurgery Unit. Hôpital des Enfants de Toulouse, 2012-2013.
- Paediatric Hand and Microsurgery. Shriners Hospital for Children of Philadelphia, 2003 .
- Experimental: Pathogenesis of shoulder dysplasia in OBP (rat). Mutua Madrileña.
- Revascularisation of bone allografts with vascularised periosteum (rabbit). FIS grant.
- Clinical: Pathogenesis of shoulder dysplasia in OBP, improvement of hand function through surgery in spastic hemiparesis. New approaches in fractures.
- Locomotor system. Human Anatomy Unit. Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Upper limb. Paediatric orthopaedics. Faculty of Medicine. University of Barcelona.