Gemma Claret Teruel
I have worked as an attending physician at the Emergency Department of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since I completed my residency in 2005. I undertake part of my work in the teaching department, designing simulation-based training activities to strengthen the communication skills of the professionals. I believe truth stays in the details.
- Instructor in Neonatal and Paediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, 2012.
- PhD in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2009.
- Degree in Paediatrics. University of Barcelona, 2005.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2000.
- Placement at the Emergency Department of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (United States), May 2005.
- Coordinator of the Catalan Paediatrics Society working group on "Sudden Death", since 2014.
- Coordinator of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Emergencies working group on "Respiratory Diseases", since 2010.
- Researcher in the Paediatric Infectious Diseases Area, 2009 - 2013.
- Coordinator of the working group for "Clinical Practice Guidelines on Bronchiolitis", 2007 - 2010.
- Researcher in the "European Paediatric Hepatitis C Virus Infection Network" group, 2005.
- Vice-president of the Teaching Committee, since 2014.
- Associate medical lecturer on the degree in Medicine. University of Barcelona, since 2014.