Javier Rodríguez Fanjul
I have amassed 6 years of experience in the field of Neonatology and Critical Paediatric Patients, particularly in neonates with congenital heart disease and patients undergoing ECMO. I have been a full member of the Spanish Society of Neonatology (SENeo) since 2015 and of the Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology since 2017.
- PhD in Medicine University of Barcelona, cum laude, 2018.
- Fellowship programme placement in the Department of Neonatology at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2012 - 2014.
- Faculty of Medicine. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2007.
- Fellowship programme placement CICU/ECMO. Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, 2015 - 2016.
- Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII), research project PI16, 2018. Utility of integrated neuromonitoring as a predictor of neurodevelopment in paediatric patients undergoing cardiac surgery: from the clinic to the paediatric model.
- ISCIII research project PI17, 2017. Analysis of a diagnostic algorithm for severe pneumonia in critically ill paediatric patients, using pulmonary ultrasound and procalcitonin, as a plan to improve the quality of care. Co-investigator. PI: Iolanda Jordan García.
- ALBINO Trial, 2018. Multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, two-armed, parallel-group study to assess the efficacy of allopurinol as an adjuvant to moderate therapeutic hypothermia in newborns with hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy.
- Multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, two-armed, parallel-group study to assess the efficacy and safety of IV sildenafil in the treatment of neonates with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN) or hypoxic respiratory failure and at risk of PPHN with long-term follow-up. PI: Julio Moreno.
- Allopurinol as a treatment for neonatal HIE in an animal hypoxic model, 2014.
- Instructor in Simulation, Boston Children’s Hospital Simulator Program, 2017.
- Instructor in Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, SENeo.
- Master’s Degree in Neonatology from the University of Barcelona, collaborating lecturer since 2015.