I am the Scientific director of the Orthopaedics and Traumatology Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I studied medicine in the University of the Basque country, and specialised in Paediatric Surgery and Arthroscopy in the University of Toulouse, in France. I was head of the Foot and Knee Unit of the Paediatric Orthopaedics Department at Toulouse Children's Hospital, and head of quality at the same centre. I am a lover of classical music, amateur pianist and great opera buff. I like travelling and helping in surgical humanitarian work for children in underdeveloped countries.
- Specialisation in Arthroscopy. University of Toulouse, France, 2000.
- Specialisation in Paediatric Surgery. University of Toulouse, France, 2000.
- Degree in Medicine. University of the Basque Country, 1992.
- Specialist in Traumatology and Paediatric Surgery. University of Logroño, 1995.
- Head of the Foot and Knee Unit of the Paediatric Orthopaedics Department, Toulouse Children’s Hospital. Quality manager for the hospital until 2014.
- DESC (Diplôme d’Études Spécialisées Complémentaires) course in Orthopaedics. Toulouse, France. Annual.
- DU (Diplôme Universitaire) course in Paediatrics. Toulouse, France. Annual.
- Course at the Nursing and Childcare School. Toulouse, France. Annual.
- Course at the Physiotherapy School. Toulouse, France. Annual.
- Supervision of theses (2): in Medicine and Pharmacy. Toulouse, France.