Maite Nascimento Osorio
I work as a child psychiatrist at Parc de Salut Mar (Sant Martí Child and Adolescent Mental Health Centre) and in the School Learning Disorders Unit (UTAE) at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. I specialise in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (ASD), behavioural disorders, affective disorders and ADHD, among others. I have worked in the specialised mental health multidisciplinary support team (EMSE) with patients suffering from severe mental disorders. I actively participate in congresses and I collaborate with primary care teams to improve the early detection of and intervention for mental health problems in childhood and adolescence.
- Introductory course to Family Therapy. Systemic Institute of Barcelona (ISBA), 2016.
- Training course with psychiatrist Carlos Lamas on the Internalisation of attachment figures. Interactional theory of personality according to Lorna S. Benjamin. Hestía International Centre of Psychotherapy, Barcelona, 2016
- Certificate documenting clinical training by Dr. Amaia Hervás Zúñiga in the diagnostic instrument Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) for the diagnosis of autism and the Autism Diagnostic Interview - Revised (ADI-R). SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2013.
- Postgraduate degree in Brief Strategic Therapy. Face-to-face course. University of Girona, 2013 - 2014.
- Specialist in Psychiatry. Parc de Salut Mar. Neuropsychiatry and addictions Institute (INAD), 2008 - 2012.
- PhD in Medicine. Faculty of Medicine. Central University of Venezuela, 2006.
- Collaboration with the Pediatric Psycho-oncology Laboratory at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. New York, United States, 2007.
- Recent publication of informative book about the most common problems during adolescence: “13 razones para hablar con tu hijo adolescente” (13 reasons to speak to your adolescent child). Ediciones B, 2017.
- Collaboration with the UTAE at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital in developing training courses for psychologists and school teachers.