Clinical biochemistry, gastroenterology, autoimmunity
Spanish, Catalan and English
I am a pharmacist specialising in clinical biochemistry. I completed my residency in the laboratory at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital and then completed my doctoral thesis on neurotransmitter disorders in the Metabolic Disease department. I recently joined the Gastroenterology and Allergy and Immunology departments as an attending in order to work on new techniques.
- Attending in the Laboratory department (gastroenterology and autoimmunity). SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2017.
- Post-doctoral researcher (CIBER-ER, U-703). SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2015-2017.
- PhD in Pharmacy. University of Barcelona, 2014.
- Specialist in Clinical Biochemistry. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2008-2012.
- Associate Lecturer at the University of Barcelona School of Pharmacy. Molecular Biochemistry department, 2014-2015.
- Rotation in the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London (United Kingdom). Three months during 2015.
- Joined CIBER, Unit U-703, 2015-2017.
- Involved in preparing the clinical guide on aromatic amino acid decarboxylase deficiency. Multicentre and multidisciplinary work, 2016.
- Genetic characterisation and analysis of biomarkers in children with bilateral striatal necrosis through a multicentre study. FIS 2016-2018.
- Natural history of coeliac disease. Longitudinal follow-up study of the evolution of serological markers for coeliac disease and histology in children between 1-4 years. FIS 2013-2015.
- Estudio de defectos en el transporte y metabolismo de tiamina asociados a encefalopatías recurrentes en la infancia (Study of defects in the transport and metabolism of thiamine associated with recurrent encephalopathies in childhood). FIS 2014-2016.
- Impact of the Administration of Systemic Glucocorticoids on Inflammatory Response and Clinical Evolution of Patients Diagnosed With Moderate-Severe Bronchiolitis; 2012.