Teresa Ribalta Farrés
Professor of Anatomical Pathology at the University of Barcelona since 2007. Head of the Surgical Pathology Department at Hospital Clínic Barcelona from 1993 to 2013. Head of the Anatomical Pathology Department and Director of the Biobank at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 2014. I have extensive training in Anatomical Pathology, however my main interest is Neuropathology, particularly Tumour Neuropathology. My personal mottos include the following: "I'm enthralled by the new and in love with the old" (J.V. Foix, 1947). "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" (Isaac Newton 1676).
- Placements at the MD Anderson Hospital in Houston (United States), 1989, 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Annual conferences on the speciality, since 1989.
- Uninterrupted pre and post-graduate activity, from 1977.
- Continuous training as a specialist. Hospital Clínic, 1982-2013.
- Resident physician. Hospital Clínic, 1977-1981.
- Care and research in Neuropathology (genomics and tissue arrays). MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston (United States), 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- Neoplastic Surgical Pathology. MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston (United States), 1989.
- Neoplastic Surgical Pathology. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, (United States), 1983.
- PI of National Biobank Network Platform project 2014 - 2017 and 2018 - 2020 with the partecipation of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, and Scientific Director of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Biobank.
- CI of the autonomous multicentre study "Gene expression profiling of glioblastoma..." (PI Carme Balañà) 2014 - 2017.
- Investigator in the IDIBAPS "Human and experimental functional oncomorphology" group (team leader, Elias Campo) "Clinical-pathological and molecular characterisation of gliomas" project, since 2000.
- Leading neuropathologist of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (SEHOP), since 2014.
- Multicentre study group on central nervous system tumours (coordinator Bárbara Meléndez, SESCAM); since 2003.
- Neuropathologist for the "Panel Review of Virtual Slides of the EORTC trials". Assessment of gliomas using a virtual microscopy system. Since 2010.
- Professor of Anatomical Pathology since 2007.
- Tenured lecturer for degrees in Medicine, Biomedical Science and Poediatry. University of Barcelona, 1986-2007.
- Lecturer on the Master's degree in Advanced Medical Skills. University of Barcelona, since 2012.
- Lecturer for the Master's degree in Molecular Oncology. Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO), since 2010.
- Organisation and teaching of multiple courses, seminars, conferences and national (SEAP, HSJD) and international (ESP, IAP) congresses.