Coordinator: Lola Gómez Roig
We believe that it is necessary to study the state of the fetus in depth to be able to assess its state at any time during pregnancy.
Currently, we have methods that let us determine the state of well-being of the fetus. However, when these indicate that the fetus may be in a risk situation, we do not have precise diagnostic tests that quantify the state of the fetus to make an early diagnosis and properly adapt obstetric behaviour.
Main sub-lines of research
- Risk of loss of fetal well-being.
- Preterm birth. Premature baby.
- Fetal growth delay.
- Study of markers in amniotic fluid and fetal blood to determine the degree of impairment in a situation of hypoxia.
- Study of vascularisation and lung texture to determine the degree of lung maturation.
- Ultrasound study of the situation and measurements of the cervix to prevent preterm birth.
- Determination of maternal nutritional habits and their influence on tumour markers such as IGFBP and leptin (in collaboration with Universidad de Navarra).
- Biochemical markers such as VEGF and PLGF in maternal serum in the onset of fetal growth restriction.
- Studies of Doppler indices in maternal, placental, umbilical and fetal haemodynamics in both arteries and veins.
- Diagnostic value of volume measurement on three-dimensional ultrasound using the VOCAL program.
- Studies of genetic mosaicism in placentas of fetuses with fetal growth restriction.