Juan Dario Ortigoza Escobar
Movement disorders and deep brain stimulation.
You will find me at
As a child neurologist, I am an expert in movement disorders (dystonia, Parkinsonisms, choreas, tremors, myoclonias, tics/Tourette syndrome, deep brain stimulation). I am a member of the Spanish Paediatric Neurology Society, the European Paediatric Neurology Society, the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism and the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.
- Doctorate degree in Medicine, with distinction. Universitat de Barcelona, 2017.
- Master in Neuropaediatrics. Universitat de Barcelona, 2014.
- Specialist in Paediatrics and Specific Areas. Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, 2013.
- Specialist in Clinical Paediatrics. Universidad Nacional de Asunción, Paraguay, 2012.
- Undergraduate degree in Medicine and Surgery, with honours. Universidad Nacional de Asunción, 2005.
- Presentations, speeches and posters in national and international congresses and conferences.
- Author of several scientific publications in national and international journals.
- Participation in national and European research projects.
- Lecturer on the Paediatric Neurology Master’s degree at the Universitat de Barcelona.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.