Sonia Pérez Bertolez
I have been working in the SJD Pediatric Surgery Service since 2016. I have more than 15 years of experience in the profession and extensive training in different fields of the specialty, which I have completed with stays in national and foreign hospitals. I have established as one of my priorities the application and development of less invasive techniques, to allow greater patient comfort and earlier recovery. I have given multiple presentations and courses related to my specialty and I am the author of multiple articles in national and international magazines. I also have a great interest in teaching, research and scientific dissemination and I am a member of various scientific societies. I believe that, as Plato said, "Wherever the art of medicine is loved, humanity is also loved."
I am a specialist in Pediatric Surgery and Urology, minimally invasive surgery: laparoscopy, retroperitoneoscopy, endoscopy, endourology. I have also specialized in hernia, hydrocele, cryptorchidism, hypospadias, varicocele, sacral cyst, vesico-ureteral reflux, pyeloureteral stenosis, megaureter and other complex urological malformations.
- Fellow of The European Board of Paediatric Surgery, 2022.
- Master in Pediatric Urology, 2018.
- Certification in Comprehensive Pediatric Trauma Care, 2013.
- Title of Medical Specialist in Pediatric Surgery, 2008.
- Title of Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, 2007.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, 2001.
- Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria (AOU) Federico II of Naples, Italy, 2022.
- Thionck Essyl, Senegal, 2018.
- Hospital Lapeyronie, Montpellier, France, 2008.
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2007.
- Children's Hospital of Boston, MA, USA, 2007.
- More than 300 scientific communications in national and international congresses.
- More than 100 publications in scientific journals (see references to Scientific Publications at this link)
- More than 90 presentations.
- More than 20 awards from scientific societies.
- More than 20 research projects.
- Publication of nine book chapters and two complete books.
- Tutor for Pediatric Surgery Residents at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Professor of the Master's Degree in Pediatric Urology at the University of Barcelona. Certified Pediatric Urology Training Program within the EUMS.
- Professor of the Master: Minimally Invasive Surgery in Pediatrics at the CEU Cardenal Herrera University.
- Clinical Tutor of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Seville.
- Honorary Professor at the University of Málaga.
- Expert/Collaborator of IAVANTE (Advanced Multifunctional Complex for Simulation and Technological Innovation).
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.