Álvaro Madrid Aris
I have spent a large part of my professional career at Vall d’Hebron Hospital, where I have worked for the last 18 years (2000 - 2017). I started the Paediatric Nephrology Clinic at the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona (2002 - 2013), as well as therapeutic apheresis techniques in children in Catalonia. I am a leading specialist in childhood glomerular diseases and peritoneal dialysis. In my work, seeing children smile is my greatest satisfaction.
- The Hesperis Course, Organ Transplant Training Course organised by ESOT (European Society for Organ Transplantation). Italy, 2006.
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, fellowship in the Paediatric Nephrology Department, Miami (USA).
- Paediatric residence, Toronto Hospital for Sick Children. Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, 1990 - 1994.
- mRNA and microRNA Ultrasequencing in exomes of patients with HHNF.
- Genomic study of early onset nephropathies.
- Study evaluating the efficacy of paricalcitol in the reduction of PTH in children and adolescents.
- Study of cinacalcet in the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in children with terminal CKD.
- Determination of biomarkers of BK virus nephropathy versus acute kidney transplant rejection.
- Apolipoproteins AI and A-II as biomarkers and therapeutic targets of Segmental Focal Glomerulosclerosis.
- Lecturer in the Paediatrics Chair at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Lecturer in University Master’s Degree on Translational Medical Research, Vall d’Hebron Institute of Research and the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Teacher on the Peritoneal Dialysis training course, Peritoneal Dialysis group of Catalonia and the Balearic islands.
- Tutor of paediatric residents at Vall d’Hebron Hospital, 2004 - 2017.
- Teacher on the advanced course in dialysis organised by the Spanish Dialysis Foundation.