We make the economic information of Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona available to the public, as well as the details of the public subsidies we receive.
Audit, operating accounts and balance sheet
The SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital is a non-profit organisation that aims to secure sufficient funding so that it can continue its work.
The following documents express the auditor's opinion. The auditor assesses whether the 2020 accounts were prepared according to accounting principles and whether they reflect a true and fair image of the company.
Public subsidies 2022
Education Department - Generalitat de Catalunya:
- Subsidy to help finance the expense of the Hospital Teaching Unit located at the Hospital: 18,295 euros.
Social Rights Department - Generalitat de Catalunya
- Subsidy to help finance the Hospital Espai d'Associacions. Cohesion between associations: 19,954 euros.
Generalitat de Catalunya
- Subsidy for economic aid to families in vulnerable situations: 17,826 euros.
- State pact against gender violence: 32,126 euros.
- Grant for the Sentim project: 2,461 euros.
- Grant for the Espai d'Associacions project: 17,141 euros.
Ministry of Education and Vocational Training
- ED Sanitary Units Project: 12,500 euros.
Agency for the Management of University and Research Aid
- Industrial doctorate agreement: 7,200 euros.
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Quirofam Project: 54,015 euros.
- Diabetis Innovative Public Procurement Project: 40,333 euros.
Catalan Housing Agency (Agència de l'Habitatge de Catalunya)
- Social insertion housing programme: 5,400 euros.
Diputació de Barcelona
- Subsidy for economic aid to families in a situation of vulnerability: 2,600 euros.
National Transplant Organisation (ONT)
- Grant for certificates generated: 1,130 euros.
In addition, at the end of 2006 the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona received a capital grant from the Generalitat de Catalunya (channelled through the Department of Health) to help finance the remodelling and expansion of its infrastructures, in order to adapt them to the significant increase in the volume and complexity of its activity in recent decades.
The payment of this subsidy is multiannual (2004 - 2020) and is conditional on the execution of the committed works, which were completed in 2021. Attached is a copy of the resolution of the Department of Health corresponding to this subsidy.
International and private care and second opinion
As a private non-profit institution, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital offers national and international private services, such as hospital admission and outpatient consultations.
We provide a wide range of general paediatric specialties (Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Traumatology, etc.) and highly specialised units that offer solutions to complex conditions, for which we are reference centre for second opinions.
We also incorporate services for which there is currently no public coverage, such as Orthodontics, learning disorders, an Adoption Unit and Sports Medicine.
For mothers and babies, we offer care during pregnancy and childbirth for women who opt for private medical care, and for mothers from other countries who choose our hospital during maternity.
The sum of the economic performance from our private and international activity has a great influence on SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, helping in its sustainability and continual development.