Alejandro Pérez Casares
After completing my training in Pediatric Cardiology at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, I went to gain experience at the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit of Royal Brompton Hospital in London (United Kingdom), one of the biggest in Europe in this speciality. The following year I started working at Leeds General Infirmary (Leeds, United Kingdom), where I started my career as a consultant in the Pediatric Cardiology Department. During this period, I developed a great interest in advanced imaging and I completed a six-month fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London (United Kingdom), where I learnt how to conduct cardiac magnetic resonance studies and which I started to apply in Leeds before returning to Barcelona to continue this sub-speciality at Sant Joan de Déu since 2014.
- Fellowship in cardiac magnetic resonance at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, 2013.
- Fellowship in the Cardiac ICU at Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital in London, 2011 - 2012.
- Master’s degree in Pediatric Cardiology from the University of Barcelona (UB) at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, Barcelona 2009 - 2011.
- Pediatric residency in Hospital Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, 2004 - 2008.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1995 - 2001.
- Grant from the Daniel Bravo Foundation. Sojourn in Boston Children’s Hospital for a research project, 2018 - 2019.
- Consultant in the Cardiology Department in Leeds (UK), 2012 - 2014.
- Fellow in cardiac magnetic resonance at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, 2013.
- Online course in cardiac magnetic resonance, published by CTO Editorial. Author of the chapter relating to the Study of Congenital Heart Diseases.