SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital has a system of purchasing and procurement to ensure free competition and transparency in its processes, and takes into account the assessment of sustainability criteria, including environmental, social and economic policies.
In this context, different circuits are followed, depending on the regulations relevant to each investment or purchase and the contractual terms for each call for tender.
As a private, non-profit institution, SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital is not bound to abide by the Public Services Procurement Act (LCSP). It is only obliged to apply it when the established requirements are met in this law regarding subsidised contracts, or when required to do so by the agreements or conventions concluded regarding public sector issues.
SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital is bound to abide by the General Subsidies Act with subsidies granted by public administrations, that are managed in accordance with the principles set out within:
- Advertising, transparency, competition, objectivity, equality and non-discrimination.
- Effectiveness in meeting the objectives set by the awarding administration.
- Efficiency in allocating and using public resources.
Financial subsidies with European Union funds are governed by the applicable community regulations in each case and by the national development standards or their transpositions.
Additionally certain criteria deriving from each specific subsidy’s own conditions are applied.
Hospital Renovations Plan (RP) investments
The centre is grant-aided by the Catalan Regional Government with a multi-annual subsidy to partially fund its Renovations Plan (RP). The tendering and contracting carried out to date are set out in the document entitled Justification for the grant received for the Renovations Plan for SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital uses the Tenders Service of the Catalan Health and Social Care Consortium (CSC) to publish all the information regarding open competitions. Pursuant to Article 63 of Act 9/2017 on Public Sector Contracts, all the information regarding the centre’s competitions is available to the public via the Contractor Profile found on the centre’s website.
Investments at the SJD Pediatric Cancer Center Barcelona (PCCB)
In order to contract significant works which are not subject to any type of subsidies by public entities, SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital uses the private tendering contract model, a process which is similar to that of a public competition. Under this process suppliers are provided with technical and administrative guidelines, as well as both financial and technical assessment criteria. This process guarantees maximum transparency when contracting. These technical and administrative guidelines outline the subject of the contract, its characteristics and the assessment criteria of the proposals received.
All the offers are assessed by a team of experts using technical and financial criteria. Depending on both assessments, the winner of the tender process is obtained.
The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital uses the Tenders Service of the Catalan Health and Social Care Consortium (CSC) to publish all the information regarding open competitions related to the SJD Pediatric Cancer Center Barcelona (PCCB). All the information regarding the centre’s competitions is available to the public via the Contractor Profile that the centre has on the CSC’s website.
The SJD as a recipient of goods and services
The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital has several interdisciplinary committees that assess the introduction of new consumables (Purchasing Committee), new drugs (Pharmacy Committee) and new equipment (Equipment Committee). Each committee is formed by representatives in the clinical field, who ensure that the products and equipment incorporated are suitable. The committees also have representatives specialised in economic matters, to ensure compliance with the financial budget.
Depending on the purchasing and procurement volumes, different procedures are followed.
- Purchasing sanitary consumables and drugs: For the purchase of medical devices and certain drugs that are used recurrently and under similar conditions (with no great variability in volumes and/or required technical specifications), the Hospital uses a combined purchasing platform of the Catalan Health and Social Care Consortium (CSC). This platform ensures maximum transparency and competition in the process of selecting suppliers, and achieves economies of scale in purchasing thanks to a centralised procurement policy entered into with other hospitals.
- Purchasing of other products: For the purchase of other products, general services and other equipment, a purchasing process based on the initial definition of the requirements is used, implementing a process of open and transparent negotiation with interested suppliers of a product/service, and with subsequent approval by the relevant interdisciplinary committee for the product/equipment finally selected.
Tenders and contracts
The most relevant information regarding the latest tenders and contracts carried out is included as follows.
Suppliers of SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital may consult the status of their invoices online.
To access this, a user name and password are required, which can be requested at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: the PC version of the Supplier's Platform is best used with Internet Explorer. Problems may occur on other devices and browsers.