Francesc Palau Martínez
PhD in Medicine from the University of Valencia, and Research Professor of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). I am a specialist in Paediatrics, accredited in Clinical and Human Genetics, and Head of the Genetic and Molecular Medicine Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, Director of the Institute for Rare Childhood Disorders (IPER), and Director of the Paediatric Research Institute at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I lead a CIBER research group into Rare Diseases (CIBERER). We transform rarities into knowledge, in order to care for and cure children with rare diseases.
I am a great lover of literature. For me, travelling is about getting to know other cultures and making them my own to some extent. And if I have to choose a cuisine, I would lean towards the Valencian rice dishes of my homeland - a dish of oven-cooked rice.
- Accreditation in Clinical Genetics and Dysmorphology, Spanish Paediatrics Association (2000).
- Accreditation in Human Genetics, Spanish Association for Human Genetics (2000).
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Valencia (1989).
- Paediatrics Specialist, Children’s Hospital, La Fe University Hospital (Valencia, 1988).
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Valencia (1982).
- Director of the Institute for Rare Childhood Disorders (IPER)
- Member of the Paediatric Research Institute
- Visiting Professor of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, 2015 to the present
- Research Professor of the Higher Council of Scientific Research (CSIC).