Alicia Castañeda Heredia
Extracranial solid tumours
You will find me at
English, Spanish, French, German and Catalan
I am currently working on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with extracranial solid tumors, mainly neuroblastoma and sarcomas. I have a special interest in adolescent patients and young adults, as well as the development of new drugs.
- Senior Associate Resident in the Unit for the Development of New Drugs and Early Clinical Trials. Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, 2017 - 2018.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Oncology, SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2013 - 2017.
- Rotation in the Haematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation Department, Hospital Universitario Niño Jesús, Madrid, 2012.
- Resident Physician in Paediatrics and Specific Areas, Hospital Universitario Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria, Tenerife, 2010 - 2013.
- Full member of the Sociedad Española de Hematología y Oncología (Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology), since 2017.
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Pediatría (Spanish Society of Paediatrics), since 2011.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.