Andrea Palacio Navarro
As a clinical neuropsychologist, I have been working in the field of learning disorders for years. I have been interested in the field of refractory epilepsy, the field in which I did my doctoral thesis, since 2008. I am currently part of the Neurology Department and the Epilepsy Unit of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, where assess children who are candidates for epilepsy surgery, as well as perform follow-up and appropriate monitoring.
I am passionate, enthusiastic and rigorous about my work and always keep in mind that we are working for the well-being of our patients and families.
- Doctor in Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2020.
- Expert in Clinical Neuropsychology from the Official College of Psychologists of Catalonia (COPC), 2018.
- Postgraduate qualification in the relational integrative model of grief and loss counselling, Universitat de Barcelona, 2014-2015.
- Master's degree in applied clinical research in health sciences, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2010-2011.
- Master's degree in child and adult clinical neuropsychology. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2007-2010.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2007.
- Member of the acquired brain damage working group of the COPC's Clinical Neuropsychology working group.
- Member of the Spanish Epilepsy Society.
- Member of the Clinical Neuropsychology (NPsiC) Division of the Official College of Psychologists.
- Member of the Research Group on Epilepsy Genetics Cognition Metabolism Movement.
- Associate lecturer, master's degree in learning difficulties and language disorders, Open University of Catalonia, since 2013.
- Associate lecturer, degree in speech therapy, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, since 2019.
- Lecturer, master's degree in paediatric neuropsychology, Universitat de Barcelona - SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, since 2020.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.