Carme Alejandre Galobardes
Paediatric intensive care - Critically ill patients
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan and English
After completing my residency in paediatrics, I started working on the paediatric ICU and with the medical emergency transport service (SEM), at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital for the first year, and then at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I completed my specialisation in 2014.
- Paediatric simulation instructor. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, Darwin Simulation Centre, 2014.
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support instructor. Paediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Committee of the Catalan Paediatrics Society, 2014.
- Diploma in Advanced Paediatric Studies. Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2011.
- Diploma in Advanced Adult Life Support. Catalan Resuscitation Council, 2009.
- Diploma in Comprehensive Neonatal Resuscitation. Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Group of the Spanish Society of Neonatology, 2009.
- Diploma in Advanced Paediatric and Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Spanish Paediatric and Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Group, 2008.
- FISS grant for the multicentre clinical trial on virological and host factors associated with an increased severity of respiratory syncytial virus infection, 2015-2017.
- A prospective, multicentre, observational study to evaluate the therapeutic management of severe acute bronchiolitis, 2014-2015.
- Grant for the clinical trial on umbilical cord milking versus delayed cord clamping to increase placental transfusion in premature newborns under 34 weeks of gestation born by caesarean section, 2014.
- FISS grant for the trial on the impact of the administration of systemic glucocorticoids on inflammatory response and clinical evolution of patients diagnosed with moderate-severe bronchiolitis, 2011-2012.
- Professional Master's degree in Critical and Emergency Care. University of Barcelona.
- Courses on advanced paediatric and neonatal CPR.
- Advanced life support for paediatric trauma.
- Courses on paediatric and neonatal transport.
- ECMO patient simulation.
- Course on mechanical ventilation.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.