Conchita Fernández Zurita
Early stimulation, learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
You will find me at
I have worked as a specialist in Clinical Neuropediatrics since 2004, both in hospitals and in a number of different early learning centres. In parallel I have participated in a number of research projects related to rare genetic diseases and given classes as an associate lecturer in the Parc Taulí Teaching Unit in the Faculty of Medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), and at the Gimbernat School of Physiotherapy. My current focus is on school learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorders. I believe that, as Seneca said, “It takes a lifetime to learn to live”.
- Advanced training placement in the Epilepsy Unit at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2004.
- Master’s degree in Neuropediatrics. Universitat de Barcelona, 2002 - 2004.
- Specialised in Pediatrics at Hospital de Cabueñes de Gijón, Asturias, 1999 - 2003.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Oviedo, 1997.
- Erasmus Plus-KA2 grant “Enhancing communication for children, youth and adults with special communication needs, professionals and non-professionals working and interacting with them”, 2016 - 2017.
- Clinical manifestations of Angelman Syndrome in early childhood. Genotype-phenotype correlation. Parc Taulí, 2015.
- Angelman Syndrome: Identification of new genetic alterations through sequencing of the exome and description of behavioural profiles, 2015.
- Open-label study to assess the safety and long-term tolerability of AFQ056 in adolescent patients with fragile X syndrome, 2012.
- Level of functional adaptation and executive functions in patients with an autism spectrum disorder and cognitive ability within normal limits, 2011.
- Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to assess the efficacy and safety of AFQ056 in adolescent patients with Fragile X Syndrome, 2011.
- Associate clinical lecturer at the Parc Taulí Teaching Unit in the Faculty of Medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, since 2010.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children´s Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.