Gemma Pérez Acevedo
Paediatrics, ICU, ECMO, pressure ulcers and slow healing wounds.
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan and English
Paediatric nurse with the accreditation of a Nursing degree, expert in pressure ulcers and slow-healing wounds. I first became involved in wound care back in 2001, and it is since then that, thanks to a good deal of training to be able to approach the topic with scientific evidence, it has been possible to prove the need to establish the wound nursing consultancy service. The first nursing consultancy service for paediatric wounds in Spain. "I would love to be able to have a great time with my kids enjoying a beautiful garden, where we could spend the weekends tending our plants along with our animals."
- Trained with a Master' s degree in paediatric nursing.
- Official Master's Degree in Integral Management and Research in Care for Chronic Wounds.
- Postgraduate studies in paediatric intensive care.
- Postgraduate studies in multiple trauma and critical patients.
- Postgraduate studies in psychiatry and mental health.
- Postgraduate studies in chronic wounds, comprehensive approach
- Training in ECMO.
- Training in and configuration of the computer program for the PICU (Carevue).
- Associate Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona, since 2014.
- Associate Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, since 2006.
- Associate lecturer, Sant Joan de Déu School of Nursing, since 2006.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.