Ignacio Barber Martínez de la Torre
Pediatric diagnostic imaging of the body and musculoskeletal system
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan and English
Between 2002 and 2004, I worked as an attending radiologist at Sant Joan de Reus Hospital, the same position I held at Joan XXIII Hospital in Tarragona between 2004 and 2005. From then until 2016 I was an attending radiologist at the Vall d'Hebron Maternity and Children's Hospital. In 2016 I became Head of the Pediatric Radiology department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, where I currently work.
- PhD in Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2016.
- Specialisation in Radiodiagnostics, Granollers General Hospital and Vall d'Hebron Hospital, 1998 - 2002.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery. Rovira i Virgili University, 1990 - 1996.
- Research Fellowship in Pediatric Musculoskeletal Imaging. Boston Children's Hospital (United States), from November 2011 to June 2013.
- Sclerotic bone lesions in tuberous sclerosis complex: A genotype-phenotype study. Boronat S, Barber I, Thiele EA. Am J Med Genet A. 2017 May 9. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.38260. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28488386
- Femoral head bone viability after free vascularized fibular grafting for osteonecrosis: SPECT/CT study. Fontecha CG, Roca I, Barber I, Menendez ME, Collado D, Mascarenhas VV, Barrera-Ochoa S, Soldado F. Microsurgery. 2016 Oct; 36(7):573-577. doi: 10.1002/micr.22452. Epub 2015 Jul 27. PMID: 26214835
- Infant lower extremity long bone growth rates: comparison of contemporary with early 20th century data using mixed effect models. Tsai A, Stamoulis C, Barber I, Kleinman PK. Am J Hum Biol. 2017 Jan;29(1). doi: 10.1002/ajhb.22905. Epub 2016 Aug 26. PMID: 27562523
- Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis and Thalidomide in Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Martín-Nalda A, Roca I, Fontecha CG, Fernández-Polo A, Barber I, Martinez-Gallo M, Soler-Palacin P. Pediatrics. 2016 Aug;138(2). pii: e20154017. doi: 10.1542/peds.2015-4017. Epub 2016 Jul 19. PMID: 27436506
- Sclerotic bone lesions at abdominal magnetic resonance imaging in children with tuberous sclerosis complex. Boronat S, Barber I, Pargaonkar V, Chang J, Thiele EA. Pediatr Radiol. 2016 May; 46(5):689-94. doi: 10.1007/s00247-016-3549-3. Epub 2016 Mar 10.
- Lecturer at the European School of Radiology.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.