Laura Corominas Francès
Pediatric hip: hip dysplasia, Perthes disease, hip epiphysis, pediatric foot and ankle deformities
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan, French, Italian
I am a specialist physician in the Orthopedics and Traumatology Department at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, having worked for 9 years exclusively in the field of child orthopedic diseases. I trained at the Hospital Universitario Son Espases and the Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias (HUCA), with several stays at foreign centres: University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics and Children's Hospital of Los Angeles (USA), as well as Spanish centres: Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid.
My doctoral thesis focused on the study of rebound growth after hemiepiphysiodesis. I have published several articles in renowned international journals. I am also a member of the European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS), the Sociedad Española de Ortopedia Pediátrica (SEOP) and the Ponseti Association (Spain) for clubfoot.
I am enthusiastic and hardworking. I love children's orthopedics and I enjoy working in a team.
- Master's degree in Rare Diseases, Universitat de València, 2019.
- Advanced training course in Children's Orthopedics, 2018–2020.
- Fellowship in Neuroorthopedics at the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, 2014.
- PhD in Medicine (cum laude), Universitat de les Illes Balears, 2014.
- Core curriculum in Children's Orthopedics, 2010–2012.
- Pediatric Orthopedics residency, University of Iowa Hospital Clinics, 2010.
- Member of the Osteomuscular Diseases Research Group, Institut d'Investigació sanitària Illes Balears, 2012–2018.
- FIS research grant, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, 2011–2013.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.