Laura Mangado Aloy
Clinical neuropsychology, neuro-oncology
You will find me at
English, Spanish and Catalan
As a neuropsychologist, I have spent the last years of my professional career dedicated to neuro-oncology. I am currently part of the Neurology Department and the Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit of Children's Oncology at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. My role in this unit focuses on the performance of cognitive evaluations before and after cancer treatments, as well as on the neuropsychological rehabilitation of the detected sequelae.
I define myself as a hard-working and motivated woman, with a desire to improve day by day. Dedicated and persistent in achieving a better quality of life for our patients and their families.
- Expert in Clinical Neuropsychology, accredited by the Official College of Psychologists of Catalonia (COPC), 2016.
- General Health Psychologist, accredited by the Official College of Psychologists of Catalonia (COPC), 2016.
- Master's in Neuropsychology: Neuropsychological Diagnosis and Rehabilitation, Universitat Autonò de Barcelona, 2012-2014.
- Official Master's Degree in Health Psychology and Psychotherapy, research itinerary, Universitat Blanquerna-Ramón Llull, 2011-2012.
- Degree in Psychology, Universitat Blanquerna-Ramon Llull, 2010.
- Member of the Acquired Brain Damage working group of the COPC's Clinical Neuropsychology working group of the Official College of Psychologists of Catalonia (COPC).
- Member of the National Paediatric Brain Tumour Neuropsychology Group.
- Collaborating researcher in the study PI16/00120 "Health effects of paediatric medical exposure to ionising radiation for the optimisation of clinical practice - KID-MED-RAD", ISGLOBAL, 2018-2020.
- Collaborating researcher in the study PI12/02289 "Multidimensional study of the spectrum of disorders related to alcohol exposure", Hospital Vall d'Hebron, 2014-2016.
- Collaborating researcher in the study PI13/01449 "Impact on congenital heart disease on the development of the CNS: pre- and postnatal factors related to early neurodevelopment", Hospital Vall d'Hebron, 2014-2016.
- Associate lecturer on the Master's programme in Child Neuropsychology, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, since 2018.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.