Maite Miranda García
Acupuncture in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan and English
After my nursing studies, I decided to specialise in Acupuncture and I am currently studying for a PhD at the University of Barcelona. My main speciality is acupuncture treatments for pregnant women, either to correct fetal malposition or to stimulate cervical maturation from the 39th week of gestation. I also treat all the symptoms that occur during pregnancy such as nausea and vomiting, insomnia, sciatica and lower back pain. I believe that acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment that has very good results before, during and after pregnancy.
- Studying for a PhD in Health Sciences at the University of Barcelona.
- Master's Degree in Health Sciences from the International University of Catalonia (UIC), 2012.
- Postgraduate in Acupuncture for healthcare professionals, University School of Nursing, SJD Campus, 2006.
- Master's Degree in Paediatric Nursing, University of Barcelona, 2001.
- Diploma in Nursing, University School of Nursing, SJD Campus, 1994.
- Award for the best research work in Nursing in 2014 on the effectiveness of acupuncture and moxibustion in pregnant women with breech presentation.
- PhD thesis in progress on the effectiveness of combined complementary therapy (acupuncture and moxibustion) on the spontaneous version of the fetus in non-cephalic presentation.
- Presentation of "Research on acupuncture and moxibustion in pregnant women with breech presentation". 4th Beijing International Training Seminar and Field Study of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Nursing Care, 2016.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's Degree on Energy Assessment and Acupuncture at the SJD University School of Nursing, since 2011.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.