Maria del Mar Folqué Giménez
I am a graduate in medicine and specialise in Pediatrics and pediatric allergology From when I started my training as a pediatrician at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital until now, the health of children has been the focus of my healthcare activity, especially in the field of allergy. In my first years as a pediatrician I combined general pediatrics with pediatric allergy, but since 2018, my professional activity, both in healthcare and research, has practically been entirely focused on allergic pathologies in children and adolescents, and I have been practising as an attending physician in the SJD Barcelona Allergy and Immunology Clinic.
- European accreditation in Pediatric Allergology. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2012.
- Pediatrics Specialist. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2010.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), 2005.
- Rotation as an observer on the Eosinophilic Disorders Program with Dr Mirna Chehade in The Elliot & Roselyn Jaffe Food Allergy Institute of the Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, September - December 2012.
- Member of the working group on Immunotherapy of the Spanish Paediatric Clinical Immunology and Allergy Society (SEICAP), since 2019.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's Degree programme in Pediatric Allergology and Immunology at the University of Barcelona.
- Speaker at the Annual Course on "Advances in Clinical Immunology and Allergy" since 2010.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.