María Eugenia Russi Delfraro
ADHD, learning and neurodevelopmental disorders, ASD, psychopharmacology
You will find me at
English, Spanish and Catalan
My main area of development focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and long-term monitoring of different neurodevelopmental disorders, such as attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and intellectual disability (ID).
- Master's degree in child neurology from the Universitat de Barcelona, 2010.
- Paediatric specialist. Postgraduate School, Universidad de la República de Uruguay, 2008.
- Bachelor's degree in medicine and surgery from the Universidad de la República de Uruguay, 2003.
- Member of the Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy since 2016.
- Accredited continuous medical training in psychopharmacology: Child and adolescent psychopharmacology. Massachusetts General Hospital - Harvard Medical School Affiliate (Boston), since 2016.
- Contributing member of the International Pediatric Stroke Study. Hospital for Sick Children. Toronto, Canada, 2005-2016.
- ADHD working group, Spanish Society of Neuropaediatrics
- Working group on learning disorders, Catalan Paediatric Society
- Multidisciplinary working group on acquired brain damage, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital (HSJD).
- Autism spectrum disorders working group (UnimTEA), HSJD.
- Consultant Neuropaediatrician, Neuropsychology Unit, HSJD.
- Numerous papers, oral presentations and posters at scientific conferences and meetings.
- Workshops and informative talks on learning disorders for parents and teachers.
- Author of a number of publications in nationally and internationally renowned scientific journals.
- Author of various articles and information materials of interest for parents and teachers.
- Author and co-author of numerous chapters of reference books in the field of paediatrics and neuropaediatrics, including M. Cruz; Manual de Pediatría [M. Cruz; Paediatrics Manual], Sleep Obstructive Apnea in Children and different treatises on neuropaediatrics and neurodevelopment of the Panamericana publishing house.
- Coordinator of the book: Accidente Cerebro-vascular isquémico en Pediatría [Ischemic stroke in Paediatrics]. Editorial Journal.
- Co-author of a FAROS report on stimulation of the developing brain.
- Lecturer on the master's degree in child neuropsychology. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital - Universitat de Barcelona, since 2019.
- Lecturer on the master's degree in neuropaediatrics, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital - Universitat de Barcelona, since 2012.
- Lecturer of various training courses and workshops on psychopharmacology in children and adolescents, since 2012.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children´s Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.