Maria Farré Pinilla
Neurosurgery anesthetics, ECG/ECHO/X-ray-guided vascular access implantation. Resuscitation and Pain Therapy.
You will find me at
Spanish, Catalan, English, French
I have been an assistant in the Anesthesiology Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 2020. I have worked at the University Hospital Arnau de Vilanova in Lleida as a coordinator and also on the pediatric anesthesiology and neurosurgery teams. Resident lecturer and instructor on the Master's in Surgical Nursing and in Ultrasound and also now a board member of SCARTD. Member of the leading team in difficult airway management and ECHO-, X-ray- and ECG-guided vascular access implantation. This allowed me to teach on the Winfocus network and work in the ICU during the COVID-19 pandemic. I've taken part in international cooperation missions in several sub-Saharan African countries as an anesthesiologist.
At present, I work as doctor in a field that focuses on several severe, unique diseases that cause suffering among the bravest people in our society: our children.
I want to make the world a better place.
- European Trauma Course (ETC), certificate obtained. Done through the ERC, the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA), the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery (ESTES) and the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EuSEM), 2023.
- Course in Planning Cooperative International Health Projects, accredited by EACCME (UEMS), 2021-2022.
- Master's in Pediatric Anesthesiology, final thesis: Manejo anestésico, [Recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis in Africa. Anesthetic usage]. 2018.
- External accreditation as resident lecturer by the Instituto de Estudios de la Salud.
- Accreditation course on managing X-ray facility for radiodiagnostics purposes for personnel who use or operate X-ray devices for medicinal diagnostics. ACPRO, 2018.
- Specialist in anesthesiology and instructor for local team, Libreville Hospital, Gabon, 2019.
- Specialist in anesthesiology and complex airway management on the Pediatric laryngo-tracheal papillomatosis treatment programme, Fann Hospital, Dakar (Senegal), 2014, 2015, 2018.
- Specialist in anesthesiology and instructor for local team, Serekunda Hospital, Banjul (Gambia), 2016.
- Specialist in anesthesiology, Dr Agostinho Neto Hospital, Isla de Santiago (Praia) and Bautista Sousa Hospital, Isla de San Vicente (Mindelo), 2016.
- Specialist in anesthesiology and instructor for local team in anesthetic airway management during endemic goitre surgery, Hôpital Général Sedwe, Lubumbashi (Congo), 2015.
- Specialist in anesthesiology, Nyeri Provincial Hospital (Kenya), 2014.
- Member of the airway unit (coordinated by Dr E Schmucker) and the neurosciences unit (coordinated by Dr Joan Fernández) at the Catalan Society of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Pain Therapy (SCARTD), 2023.
- Board member of the Catalan Society of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Pain Therapy (SCARTD) and member of the Spanish Society of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation (SEDAR), 2023.
- President of the HAV pediatric medical-surgical hospital commission and president of the HAV pediatric medical-surgical board, 2022.
- Member of the Pharmacy Committee in the Lleida health system and the HAV Pharmacy and Hospital Therapy committee, 2022.
- Member of the Hospital Surgical Infection Prevention Committee (PrevinQCat), 2022.
- Andreu E, Schmucker E, Drudis R, Farré M, Franco T, Monclús E, Montferrer N, Munar F, Valero R; SEVA Group. Algoritmo de la vía aérea difícil en pediatría [Algorithm for pediatric difficult airway]. Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim. 2011 May;58(5):304-11. Spanish. doi: 10.1016/s0034-9356(11)70066-4. PMID: 21688509.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.