Mercedes Serrano Gimaré
Rare diseases. ePatients and use of new technologies for empowering, researching and improving the quality of life of patients and families
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan
- Diploma in Clinical Genetics, University of Valencia, 2016.
- Introductory course to basic Bioethics. Centre for College Studies COMB, 2015.
- Introductory course to Healthcare Management. Centre for College Studies COMB, Unió Catalana d’Hospitals Foundation, 2014.
- Neurosciences course "Neuroscience of systems: structure and function of the human nervous system", Morphology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, February 2004.
- Course of research techniques in Neurosciences. Morphology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Autonomous University of Madrid, February-March 2005.
- Master's degree in Neuro-paediatrics from the University of Barcelona. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2010.
- Masters degree in Neuroscience and Behavioural Biology. Pablo de Olavide University, Seville, 2007.
- PhD in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2008.
- Sub-specialty in Neonatology. La Paz University Hospital de Madrid and SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2006.
- Specialist in Paediatrics and specific areas. La Paz University Hospital de Madrid, 2004.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery. Miguel Hernández University, Elche - Alicante, 1993-1999.
- During her university studies, she undertook two placements: in Anatomy, at the University of Vienna (Austria), Academic Year 1994 - 1995; in Clinical practice at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicêtre, Université de Médecine Paris-Sud (France), Academic Year 1996 - 1997.
- Lecturer in the Master's degree in “e-Health and Healthcare Management” prepared and given by La Salle Campus Barcelona, TICSalut, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital and the Official Association of Nurses of Barcelona.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.