Montserrat Mesegué Medà
Bleeding disorders and bleeding in adolescent girls
You will find me at
English, Spanish, Catalan
Since 2016, I have been working as a specialist doctor at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital's Oncology and Hematology Department. My practice includes both oncological and non-oncological hematology. Some of my main areas of interest are bleeding disorders, bleeding in adolescent girls and toxicity related to chemotherapy for pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. In 2015, I conducted a cooperative international study on thalassaemia major at the Vicente Ferrer Foundation in India.
I am currently writing my doctoral thesis through the Universitat de Barcelona: A study of clinical and biological factors associated with toxicity in the treatment of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Master's Degree in Pediatric Hematology. Universitat de Barcelona–SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2015.
- Specialist in Pediatrics and its specific areas. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2013.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery. Universitat de Barcelona, 2008.
- Rotation on the Haematology Department and Department of Bleeding Disorders, Ospedale Policlinico di Milano, 2019.
- Member of the team of investigators in multiple clinical trials related to erythropathology, hemophilia and thrombosis.
- Member of the team of investigators in the line of research on leukaemia and other blood diseases. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Instructor for the Pediatric Hematology Refresher Course, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, since 2015.
- Training of residents in Pediatrics, residents in Hematology, students from the Universitat de Barcelona Master's Degree in Pediatric Hematology and students from the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital Pediatric Oncology fellowship programme, since 2016.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.