Pedro Arango Sancho
Since the beginning of my career as a paediatrician, my training has been steered in the direction of Paediatric Nephrology, with special emphasis on the field of renal tubular disease and lithiasis together with Dr Víctor García Nieto at Nuestra Señora de Candelaria University Hospital in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. I completed my training in paediatric renal transplant and dialysis at La Paz University Hospital (Madrid), Virgen del Rocío University Hospital (Seville) and Son Espases University Hospital (Mallorca). I have published 24 original articles and authored three chapters in books related to the specialist area. I have made around 50 presentations at different congresses, mainly in the field of research, for which I have received 10 awards at a regional and national level. I am currently a member of the RenalTube Group, the Spanish Paediatric Nephrology Association (AENP) and the International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA). One of my personal sayings is “There can be no defeat in the hearts of they who fight”.
- Master's in Paediatric Emergencies. “San Vicente Mártir” Catholic University, Valencia, 2016-2017.
- Specialist in Paediatrics and its specific areas. Nuestra Señora de Candelaria University Hospital, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 2012-2016.
- Training in Paediatric Nephrology, renal histopathology and ambulatory renal ultrasound. Son Espases University Hospital, Mallorca, 2016.
- Training in paediatric dialysis and renal transplantation. La Paz University Hospital, Madrid, 2015.
- Training in Paediatric Nephrology, paediatric dialysis and renal transplantation. Virgen del Rocío University Hospital, Seville, 2015.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine. University of Cádiz, 2005-2011.
- Changes in renal regulation of water as the earliest marker of damage in the initial stages of chronic kidney disease (CKD I).
- Citrate/creatinine ratio in obese paediatric patients, their association with oxidative stress and lithiasis.
- “Dent-like disease” changes in renal transplant.
- Utility of basic renal function tests in decision-making in children with loss of renal parenchyma and/or dilation of the urinary tract.
- Use of acetazolamide in diseases with increased bone mineral density.
- Study of the first urine isolated in the morning as the best method for detecting pre-lithiasis states and risk of lithiasis1.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.