Xavier Tarrado Castellarnau
I graduated in Medicine from the University of Barcelona (UB) and I received my cum laude doctorate from the same university. I majored in Paediatric Surgery during the MIR and my main area of interest is Minimally Invasive Surgery of thoracic and digestive pathologies. I am an associate professor in the Surgery and Specialties Department of the University of Barcelona. I have made several formative stays of specialization in Pediatric Surgery in international reference centres.
- Certification in Paediatric Simulation. Boston Children’s Hospital, 2015.
- Doctor of Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2014.
- Fellow of the European Board of Paediatric Surgery, 2006.
- Specialist in Paediatric Surgery (MIR), Hospital Clinic - Sant Joan de Déu Unit, University of Barcelona, 2003.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Clínic. University of Barcelona (UB), 1996.
- Training placement at the Minimally Invasive Paediatric Surgery Unit, of the Rocky Mountain Paediatric Surgery/Presbyterian-Saint Luke Hospital. Denver. Colorado. USA, 2010.
- Training placement at the Service de Chirurgie Visceral et Transplantation de l’Hospital Necker-Enfants Malades. Paris, France, 2004.
- Member of the Research Group in Adulthood Diseases of fetal origin or in the first years of life. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Research lines: Pre and postnatal research of congenital malformations treatable surgically. Basic, clinical and experimental study.
- Director of the Master's Degree in Surgical Techniques in Paediatric Surgery since 2014.
- Associate Professor of the Department of Surgery and Medical - Surgical Specialties of the Universitat de Barcelona since 2015.