Xavier Tarrado Castellarnau
I am currently Head of the Surgical Department at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. I obtained my degree in Medicine in the University of Barcelona (UB) and my Ph.D (cum laude) in the same university. I am an associate lecturer in the Department of Paediatrics in the UB. I have had Paediatric Surgery training placements in international benchmark centres, such as the Visceral and Transplants Department in the Hospital Necker-Enfants Malades, in Paris (France) and in the Minimally Invasive Paediatric Surgery Department in the Rocky Mountain Children’s Hospital, Denver, Colorado (USA).
- Certification in Paediatric Simulation. Boston Children’s Hospital, 2015.
- Doctor of Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2014.
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Paediatric Surgery. European Board of Paediatric Surgery, 2006.
- Certificate of Integral Care in Paediatric Trauma Patients (AITP), 2003.
- Specialist in Paediatric Surgery, University of Barcelona, 2003.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Clínic. University of Barcelona (UB), 1996.
- Training placement at the Minimally Invasive Paediatric Surgery Unit, of the Rocky Mountain Paediatric Surgery/Presbyterian-Saint Luke Hospital. Denver. Colorado. USA June-July 2010.
- Training placement at the Service de Chirurgie Visceral et Transplantation de l’Hospital Necker-Enfants Malades. Paris France, September 2003-January 2004.