África Pertierra Cortada
I have 12 years' experience in Neonatology at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. My areas of interest mainly centre on critical neonatal care. Since 2008, I have coordinated the healthcare programme for patients suffering with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. I am the coordinator of the special monitoring programme created for these patients and their families and I actively work with the parent association for these patients. I am also part of the paediatric and neonatal ECMO team and I work with the neonatal simulation team. I am a full member of the Spanish Society of Neonatology (SENeo).
- PhD in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2016.
- Diploma in Advanced Paediatric Studies, 2006.
- Researcher in the congenital diaphragmatic hernia working group.
- Researcher in the working group for neonatal nutrition in premature patients.
- Lecturer on the Master's degree in Neonatology. University of Barcelona, since 2012.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's degree on Critical Patients. University of Barcelona, since 2012.
- Neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation instructor accredited by the Spanish Society of Neonatology (SENeo), providing training courses since 2007.