Albert Català Temprano
Since 2008, I have been working as a specialist doctor in the Pediatric Oncology and Hematology Department at the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. I combine clinical activities with research. My fields of interest are neoplastic blood disorders and marrow failure syndromes. I am part of different national and international working groups on these conditions.
- Doctor of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 2017. (“Characterisation of molecular alterations of FLT3 in pediatric patients with acute leukaemia. Correlation with activity and expression of nucleoside-derived drugs transporters").
- Master’s Degree in pediatric hematology/oncology. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2006 - 2008.
- Specialist in General Pediatrics. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2005.
- Degree in Medicine. Universitat de Barcelona, 2000.
- Fellowship in bone marrow failure and pediatric myelodysplastic syndrome. The Hospital for Sick Children. University of Toronto (Canada), 2017 - 2018.
- Principal Investigator, Clinical Group Linked to CIBERER (Instituto de Salud Carlos III [Carlos III Health Institute]), 2015 - present.
- Member of the research group in leukemias and non-malignant blood disorders. Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Research Institute, 2012 - present.
- Spanish coordinator of the European Working Group on Myelodysplastic Syndromes in Childhood, Myelomonocytic Leukemia and Severe Aplastic Anemia (EWOG), 2011 - present.
- Member of the working group of bone marrow failure of the Sociedad Española de Hematología y Oncología Pediátricas (Spanish Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology - SEHOP). 2010 - present.