Belén de Jose María Galve
I completed my residency at Hospital Clínic Barcelona and decided to specialise in Paediatric Anaesthesiology. I have worked at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 1995. My passion is regional anaesthesia, also known as local anaesthesia. Within the hospital, we have promoted the use of ultrasounds for this kind of paediatric anaesthesia. I love my job.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates; United States Medical Licensing Examination, 2015.
- PhD in Medicine. University of Barcelona, 1998.
- Resident medical intern. Hospital Clínic Barcelona, 1991-1994.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1989.
- Specialist in ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery. Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia (United States), 2012- 2013.
- Paediatric Anaesthesia. University of Alberta, Edmonton (Canada), 2004.
- De Jose Maria B, Banús E, Navarro Egea M, et al. Tips and tricks to facilitate ultrasound-guided placement of peripheral nerve catheters in children. Paediatr Anaesth, 2011; 21 (9): 974-9.
- De Jose Maria B, Banús E, Navarro Egea M, et al. Ultrasound-guided supraclavicular vs infraclavicular brachial plexus blocks in children. Paediatr Anaesth, 2008; 18(9): 838-44.
- De Jose Maria B, Gotzens V, Mabrok M. Ultrasound-guided umbilical nerve block in children: a brief description of a new approach. Paediatr Anaesth 2007; 17(1): 44-50.
- De Jose Maria B and Tielens L. Vertical infraclavicular brachial plexus block in children: a preliminary study. Paediatr Anaesth 2004 14 (11): 931-935.
- Associate Lecturer on the Master's degree in Anaesthesiology for Nursing. University of Barcelona, since 2008.
- Lecturer working with the Committee for European Education in Anaesthesiology (CEEA), since 2000.
- Lecturer for the European Society for Regional Anaesthesia, since 2000.