The SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital (hereinafter HSJD) recognises the importance of the applicable legislation and regulations pertaining to privacy and data protection. In this sense, the protection of the safety, integrity and confidentiality of our clients' and users' information is very important to us and we therefore strive to act responsibly in this regard. This page describes our website's www.sjdhospitalbarcelona.org (hereinafter, the website) cookies policy.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
As specified in the first layer ("banner on cookies”), the User has accepted or is able to accept this Cookies Policy.
The use of technical means to prevent cookies from being downloaded to the user's browser does not invalidate the consent given for legal purposes, although the technical result may be that some or none of the cookies will not be downloaded, the effects of which are described later in this Cookies Policy.
Definition of cookie
Purposes, management of cookies and type of cookies
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the User to browse a web page, platform or application and to use the different options or services provided, such as monitoring traffic and data reporting, identification of session, access to restricted sections, using safety features during browsing, storing content for the streaming of videos or sound or sharing content via the social media.
- Customisation cookies: These cookies allow the User to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics based on a set of criteria in the User’s device or machine, such as language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional settings from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to generate browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow for the most efficient management possible of any advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the service is provided, based on criteria such as published content or the frequency with which adverts are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow for the most efficient management of advertising spaces included by the publisher on a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided. These cookies store information about the users' behaviour obtained from the continuous observation of their browsing habits, enabling the development of a specific profile for showing advertising based on these habits.
Deactivating and uninstalling cookies
Disabling cookies may mean the website to operate suboptimally, disabling some of the characteristics or services provided (e.g. making it impossible to register, among others). Nevertheless, and even after all cookies have been disabled, the web browser will continue to collect certain essential information for the basic functioning of the website.
Users can disable cookies from the preferences section on their Internet browser. Here are some links provided by the most popular browsers, with instructions for managing cookies on different devices and versions, if required.