Cristina Esteva Afonso
I have a Bachelor's degree and a PhD in Biology. Since 2003 I have worked in the Molecular Microbiology Laboratory at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. In 2012 I received a national health system grant agreement from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III for the Sant Joan de Déu Foundation Sequencing Unit. I have participated in various public and private funded research projects, both national and international, and I have published 27 articles. I am a placement tutor for higher level Clinical and Biomedical Laboratory students.
- PhD in Biology. University of Barcelona, 2014.
- Certificate of competence in teaching. University of Barcelona, 2007.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology. University of Girona, 2005.
- Training in Molecular Epidemiology of streptococcus pneumoniae at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford (United Kingdom), November 2005.
- Member of the research group on Paediatric Infectious Diseases. CIBER (Biomedical Research Networking Centre) for Public Health, since 2016.
- Member of the research group on Paediatric Infectious Diseases. Group consolidated by the Catalan Agency for Administration of University and Research Grants (AGUAR) (ref. SGR 14-505).
- Researcher in the field of Infectious Diseases. Vaccine-preventable diseases, since 2006.