Eduard González Bosquet
English, Spanish, Catalan
Gynaecologist and obstetrician
Early diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancer
English, Spanish, Catalan
Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Universitat de Barcelona (1991). PhD in Medicine and Surgery from the Universitat Autonòma de Barcelona (1997). Outstanding Honours Award for doctoral thesis. Specialisation in obstetrics and gynaecology through Resident Medical Internship training at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital (1993-1996). Attending physician at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, since April 1998. What motivates me most professionally is the fact that I can help patients to overcome their health problems.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery from the Universitat Autonòma de Barcelona, 1997. Cum laude qualification by unanimous vote. Outstanding Honours Award for doctoral thesis.
- Specialisation in obstetrics and gynaecology through Resident Medical Internship training at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, 1993-1996.
- Certificate from the Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs to perform the functions of a General Medicine Practitioner within the Spanish National Health Service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Universitat de Barcelona,1991.
- Department of Gynaecology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena. Laparoscopy in Gynaecological Oncology. Germany, 2003.
- Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery Section at Kiel University Hospital ("Klinikum der Christian-Albrechts Universität zu Kiel"). Germany, 1997.
- Visiting resident intern at the Obstetrics and Gynaecology department of the Halmstad county hospital. Sweden, 1995.
- Visiting resident intern at the Obstetrics and Gynaecology department of Düsseldorf University Hospital. Germany, 1994.
- Mayo Clinic Anatomical Pathology Department. Rochester, Minnesota, United States, 1988.
- Researcher in the paediatric infectious diseases group, 2009-2013.
- Co-investigator for the project, "Assessment of prenatal exposure to antidepressants and anxiolytics through their determination in alternative biological matrices", 2011.
- Co-investigator for the project, "Magnesium sulphate in continuous versus discontinuous regime in expectant management of severe preeclampsia: randomised clinical trial", 2011.
- Principal investigator for the project, "Treatment of gynaecological cancer by laparoscopy and vaginal surgery". Grant from the Catalan Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2003.
- Principal investigator for the project, "Laparoscopic surgery and diagnostic and surgical hysteroscopy in gynaecology". Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria (FIS) [Health Research Fund] number 97/5467, 1997.
- Investigator associated with the project, "Early diagnosis of chorioamnionitis in cases of premature rupture of membranes and threat of preterm birth". FIS number 94/0756, 1994.
- Lecturer on the Master's Degree in Nursing Care of the Person Undergoing Surgery. SJD University Nursing School.
- Tutor for the Master's Degree in Clinical Sciences within the Doctorate in Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine. Universitat de Barcelona, 2011.
- Associate Lecturer at the Universitat de Barcelona, from 2001 to present.