Federico José Ramos
As a pediatric neurologist, I have dedicated my last few years to the study of neurocutaneous syndromes and neurological disorders associated with different forms of childhood cancer. My main role in the working group I form part of at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital is to focus on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of neurological complications that may arise in the context of the treatment of brain tumours and other types of pediatric cancer.
As a researcher for the Neurocutaneous Syndromes Unit and the Neuro-Oncology Unit, I am leading several clinical studies which are aiming to provide a better quality of life for our patients and their families.
- Lecturer on the Master's in Pediatric Neurology, University of Barcelona - SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 2012.
- Specialisation in Pediatrics, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2008.
- Degree in Medicine, National University of Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina, 2005.
- Neuro-Oncology Pediatric Observership program at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA, 2018.
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 course at The Gilbert Family Neurofibromatosis Institute, Children's National Medical Center, Washington DC, USA, 2018.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex course at TSC Clinic, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 2018.
- Presentation of numerous papers, lectures and posters at national and international scientific conferences and meetings.
- Author of a number of scientific publications in international journals.
- Author of the chapter "Síndromes Neurocutaneos" [Neurocutaneous Syndromes] in "Manual de Pediatria" [Pediatrics Manual]. M Cruz. 4th Edition.
- Researcher in the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital Neuro-Oncology Functional Unit multidisciplinary group.
- Member of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital Cancer Committee.
- Lecturer on the Master's in Pediatric Neurology at the University of Barcelona.
- Pediatric Nephrology, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital