Georgia Sarquella Brugada
I am a specialist in Paediatric Arrhythmias, family Cardiology and sudden death at the Cardiology Department of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, as a member of the Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology Unit. For a number of years I was an attending physician in congenital heart diseases at the Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades and at the Hospital Européen George Pompidou, in Paris. I have also worked at the General Hospital of Catalonia, the Sant Bernabé Hospital in Berga, and at the Sports Cardiology Group of FC Barcelona. I am a member of a number of different associations, including the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC), where I have been a member of the scientific committee and training committee, and of the Spanish Paediatric Cardiology Society. I am also a lecturer in Sports Medicine at the Sant Cugat High-Performance Centre (CAR)-University of Barcelona at the University of Girona, at the Pompeu Fabra University, at the Université Paris Descartes in Paris and at the Université de Montréal (Canada). My goal is to make my patients' lives as normal as possible, whatever illness they could have.
- Doctorate in Child Pathophysiology. Cardiology Section, Paediatric Department.
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, 2013.
- Master’s degree in Paediatric Cardiology. SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, University of Barcelona, 2007.
- Diploma for advanced studies in Child Pathophysiology. Paediatrics Department, Faculty of Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2006.
- Specialisation in Paediatrics (resident medical intern). Mútua de Terrassa University Hospital, University of Barcelona, 2006.
- Bachelor of Medicine. Bellvitge Teaching Unit, Faculty of Medicine. University of Barcelona, 2001.
- Catheterisation in congenital heart disorders fellowship. Hôpital Sainte Justine – Institut de Cardiologie de Montréal. Université de Montréal, Canada, 2007 – 2009.
- Associate professor of Sports Medicine. Sant Cugat High Performance Centre - University of Barcelona, 2012.
- Associate professor of Cardiology. Faculty of Medicine, University of Girona, 2011.