Inmaculada Insa Pineda
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona and trained as a specialist at the Institut d’Assistència Sanitària (IAS) in Parc Hospitalari Martí i Julià. I subsequently developed my professional career in the field of child psychiatry as a consultant in an outpatient clinic.
- PhD at the University of Barcelona, Faculty of Psychology (2016 - 2020).
- Master’s in Psychotherapy. University of Girona (2009 - 2012)
- Postgraduate diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy. University of Girona (2011 - 2012)
- Postgraduate diploma in Brief Strategic Therapy. University of Girona (2009 - 2010)
- Postgraduate diploma in Group Therapy. University of Girona (2008 - 2009)
- Three-month placement as a therapist at the Centro di Aiuto al bambino Maltrattato e alla Famiglia (Assistance Centre for Mistreated Children and Families) working in systemic family counselling. Rome, Italy (2009).
- Training at the European Institute for Systemic Training and Consultancy. Rome, Italy (2009).
- Member of the Mental Health Research Committee.
- Member of the i-case Project: Investigation of Circadian-rhythms, Clinical characterization in children with ADHD and ASD on Sleeping and Eating alterations.
Author of publications in scientific journals:
- Differences in Psychic Distress lived by parents with ADHD children and parents with healthy children: Focus on gender differences, Journal of Attention Disorders (2018).
- ADHD symptoms, academic and social difficulties in parents of children with ADHD, Interpersonal and biological processes (2020).
Co-author of the articles:
- Evaluation and treatment of sleep problems in children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: update of the evidence, Revista de Neurología (2017).
- Side effects of methylphenidate in children and adolescents, Revista de Neurología (2018).