Iolanda Jordan Garcia
My career has primarily been orientated towards critical patients, with infectious diseases being my main area of interest. I am a member of a number of national and international scientific societies, actively participating in several of them (Vice-Presidency with the Catalan Society of Paediatrics, member of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Intensive Care Specialists), in addition to commissions and committees (member of an Independent Ethics Committee). Looking after critical children is often very hard for the healthcare professional. However, the bravery and the recovery capacity of paediatric patients inspires me and motivates me to be with them all the way. Another aspect of my work is the training, which I currently work as Studies Director at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, linked to the centre's Training portal.
- PhD in Paediatrics and its specific areas, University of Barcelona, 2004.
- Paediatrics Specialist, Hospital Clínic-SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, 1994 -1998.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, University of Barcelona, 1996.
- Training on the operation of Paediatric Intensive Care units at Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, and the Winthrop-University Hospital - Mineola, New York, 2010.
- Infectious Diseases and Systemic Inflammatory Response in Paediatrics Group, SJD Research Institute, Barcelona.
- Paediatric Intensive Care Research Group, SJD Research Institute, Barcelona.
- Morbidity and mortality risk factors of pertussis in pediatrics. Jordan I, Felipe A, Balaguer M, Esteban E, Tello R, Cambra FJ, Villanova M, Esteban ME. Journal of Infection, 2017; 74: 97-100.
- Preventive measures to reduce the selection and spread of multidrug-resistant pathogens: environmental measures. Conference. 10th Pan American and Iberian Congress in Intensive Medicine, 2014.
- Coordination: Estudio Nacional de Vigilancia Infección Nosocomial (ENVIN) pediatría [National Study of Nosocomial Infection Surveillance (ENVIN) in Paediatrics]. Projects: bacteraemia, pneumonia and zero resistance.
- Studies Director in the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, University of Barcelona, since 2018.
- Associate Professor of Paediatrics, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, University of Barcelona, since 2008.
- Master's Degree in Accident and Emergency Medicine, Hospital Clínic, University of Barcelona, since 2008.
- Lecturer in Postgraduate Paediatric Care for Nursing, SJD School of Nursing, University of Barcelona, since 2004.
- Lecturer in Postgraduate Intensive Care in Paediatrics for Nursing, SJD School of Nursing, University of Barcelona, since 2004.