Laia Alsina Manrique de Lara
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery, a PhD in Medicine and I am a Paediatrician. I have worked as a specialist in the clinical immunology and allergy section since 2011 and I have coordinated the Clinical Immunology Functional Unit at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital and Hospital Clínic since 2012. Both my patient care and research activities are focused on paediatric primary and secondary immunodeficiency. I have participated in various publicly and privately funded research projects, both national and international, and I have published over 60 indexed articles. I received a national research award. I am co-editor of the "Anales de Pediatría" [Annals of Paediatrics] publication and Head of Studies at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Sub-specialisation in Clinical Immunology. United States, 2008 - 2010.
- PhD in Medicine. Distinction. University of Barcelona, 2008.
- Paediatric Specialist. University of Barcelona, 2005.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 2000.
- Immunology and Haematology Department, Hospital Necker-Sick Children (Paris). Clinical placement, 2005.
- Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, Microarray Core (Dallas, USA). Post-doctoral research, 2008 - 2010.
- Children's Medical Center (Dallas, USA), Observer at the Primary Immunodeficiency Unit, 2008-2010.
- Researcher in the area of Infectious Diseases and Systemic Inflammatory Response, since 2011.
- Responsible for the emerging line of research: Immunological susceptibility to infections, since 2011.
- Member of the Study Group on Immune Dysregulation in Children (GRE 2014/SGR1531), since 2014.
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Inmunología Clínica, Alergología y Asma Pediátrica (SEICAP) [Spanish Society of Clinical Immunology, Allergy and Paediatric Asthma] Working Group on Primary Immunodeficiency since 2013.
- Member of the Catalan Paediatrics Society Immunodeficiency Group; coordinator between 2011 and 2013.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Associació Catalana de Dèficits Immunitaris Primaris (ACADIP) [Catalan Association of Primary Immune Deficiency]; medical advisor since December 2011.
- Head of Studies at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital since 2013.
- Collaborating lecturer on the Master's Degree programme in Paediatric Immunology and Allergies at the University of Barcelona since 2011.