Lola Gómez Roig
Since 2013, I have been the Head of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital and coordinator of General Obstetrics at BCNatal (Centre for Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine Barcelona, SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital - Hospital Clínic). Since 2018, I have also been coordinator of the Maternal-Foetal Medicine Section of the Catalan Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (SCOG).
On the international level, I am a member of the “Reproductive Developmental & Environmental Health Committee” of the International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO), after having previously participated in the “Work Group on Reproductive and Environmental Health” (FIGO, 2015 - 2018).
Since 2014, I have been a lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona (UB), and a Coordinator for the same since 2018. I have also been teaching at the Institute of Health Studies of the Government of Catalonia (IES) in this specialty since 2013.
I would define myself as a hard-working, highly motivated woman, who tends to see the positive side of things. I like research and healthcare. Good teamwork is my priority in the management setting.
- Master’s degree in Hospital Management and Health Services. 21st edition. Universitat de Barcelona, 2018 - 2020.
- International Course for Instructors in Clinical Simulation. Chris Roussin: Academic director. JM. Quintillá: Course Director SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, 2018.
- Research Accreditation from the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQUA); 2018.
- Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 obstetric-gynaecological ultrasound technician. Obstetric ultrasound - Transvaginal ultrasound (TVU) - Doppler ultrasound.
- Advanced course in research methodology. Collegial Medical Organisation (CMO). Carlos III Institute, 2005-2006.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery. Faculty of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 2002.
- Specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the Universitat de Barcelona, 1999.
- Degree in Medicine, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1994.
- Supervision of international theses in the Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Programme in Foetal Medicine (FetalMed-PhD).
- Member of the “Reproductive and Developmental Environmental Health Committee”. The International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO); since 2013.
- Participation in international courses and presentations related to the specialty.
- Training placement at the Royal Infirmary of Edimburgh, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1999.
- Principal Investigator of the SJD Group Maternal and Child Health and Development Network (RED SAMID): “Intervention during pregnancy, neonatal period, and paediatric age for prevention and treatment of conditions influencing adult health. Cardiovascular risk related prenatal factors”, 2017 - 2021.
- “Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre and post-Natal Brain development”. AIR-NB ERC. Financing Company/Administration: 13325 - ERC - Advanced Grant; 2018 - 2022.
- “Traffic-related air pollution and birth weight: the roles of noise, placental function, green space, physical activity, and socioeconomic status” (FRONTIER). Financing Company/Administration: 21081 - The Health Effects Institute. Project/contract number: RFA 17-1; 2018 - 2022.
- Effectiveness of the repeated motivational interview during pregnancy in cessation of alcohol consumption. Financing Company/Administration: ISCA - Carlos III Health Institute, 2018 - 2021.
- SGR 2017 Mixed Maternal-Foetal and Reproductive Medicine Group Hospital Clínic - SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital. Financing company/Administration: W206 - University and Research Grants Management Agency (AGAUR). Government of Catalonia.
- Assessment of prenatal exposure to substance abuse and environmental toxins in foetuses with intrauterine growth retardation and the influence on placental pathology. Financing Company/Administration: Sant Joan de Déu Foundation.
- International Master in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Participation in 2 editions (2018 - 2019). Member of the Management and the Scientific Committee.
- Virtual Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Participation in 4 annual editions (2016 - 2019). Member of the Management and the Scientific Committee.
- Management of the Advanced Simulation Course in Obstetric Complications and Crisis Resource Management (CRM), 2014 - 2019.
- Member of the Senate of the University of Barcelona since 2018.
- Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, since 2014. Coordinator of the subject since 2018.
- Teacher of the specialty of midwife in the IES (Health Studies Institute. Department of Health, Government of Catalonia) since 2013.