Maite Gorostegui Obanos
My career in oncology has been enriched by international experience, working in leading paediatric oncology centres. I am currently a member of the extracranial solid tumors team and I participate in the neuroblastoma research group. I am interested in continuing to develop in this area, with a special interest in the research into refractory tumors or relapse.
I believe in the importance of continuing education and the search for knowledge to offer the best treatment to children and adolescents with cancer. The most rewarding aspect of this challenge is the bond established with patients and their families, as well as with the entire medical team.
- Clinical Research, Postgraduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Chile, Santiago (Chile), 2013.
- Training in Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation and Cell Therapy Laboratory, Campus Virchow - Klinikum, Charité, Berlin (Germany), 2006 - 2007.
- Training in Oncology-haematology and Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Hospital Materno - Infantil Vall d’Hebron, Barcelona (Spain), 2005 - 2006.
- Paediatrician, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Concepción, Concepción (Chile), 2002 - 2005.
- Exchange Programme in Paediatric Oncology, Alberta Children’s Hospital, Calgary (Canada), from October to December 2004.
- Medical surgeon, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Los Andes, Santiago (Chile), 1995 - 2001.
- Oncology-haematology doctor, Department of Oncology-haematology and Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Universitätsklinikum Regensburg (Germany), 2015 - 2017.
- Medical specialist in Paediatric Oncology-haematology, Paediatric Department, Clinica las Condes, Santiago (Chile), 2010 - 2014.
- Medical Inter-consultant in Paediatric Haematology, Paediatric Department, Clinical Hospital - Universidad de Chile, Santiago (Chile), 2009 - 2013.
- Medical specialist in Paediatric Oncology-haematology, Paediatric Department, Clínica Dávila, Santiago (Chile), 2007 - 2009.