Spain, like many other countries in the world, has experienced an emergency due to the COVID-19 infection.
Fortunately, this disease has a slight effect on children, which has allowed us to maintain optimal conditions throughout the pandemic to ensure the usual activity, care and treatment of our patients and their families.
In order to receive the newly arrived international patients, the Hospital has adopted different measures to ensure that it is a safe and COVID free hospital.
Specific areas have been set up to isolate COVID-19 patients from other patients, with differentiated and well-signposted circuits to prevent infection.
Our specialists have adequate protective equipment, in accordance with the recommendations of the Spanish and European health authorities, and have been vaccinated.
Before and during hospital admission to the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, international patients should take into account the following guidelines.
Patients access to Barcelona today
- Patients and accompanying family members are allowed to travel to Barcelona for medical treatment in our hospital without any problem and no need to quarantine.
- Our International Patients Department supports families to find a flight from their country, provide accommodation in our city and transfer from the airport to the hospital or their accommodation.
Preparation of the trip and arrival at the Hospital
- To minimize the number of people in the Hospital, we recommend a maximum of two accompanying family members per patient may travel.
- It is recommended to be vaccinated and perform a PCR test on the patient and accompanying family members before traveling to our country. In case of a positive result, it is recommended to postpone the trip.
- Upon arrival in Barcelona: a medical consultation - preferably 48h before admission / surgical intervention - will be carried out to assess the patient's situation and a screening test (PCR and serological tests) for the patient and the accompanying family members to confirm that there is no active infection.
In case of detection of results compatible with the COVID-19, the appropriate measures will be taken for the protection and safety of the patient, accompanying family members, and health professionals.
Currently, international patients are being treated in our center as usual. These patients and their families follow the stipulated prevention measures like everyone else.