Nerea Vega García
After training academically in the field of biomedicine while studying an undergraduate degree in Human Biology and the Master's in Clinical Analysis at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, I did my doctoral work in the Haematology Laboratory of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, focused on identifying possible biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets in high-risk leukaemias. In 2018 I obtained a PhD in Translational Medicine and Research from the Universitat de Barcelona. Since 2020 I have been an associate of the Haematology Laboratory of the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, mainly focussing on the field of NGS.
- Doctor in Medicine and Translational Research, Universitat de Barcelona, 2018.
- Master in Laboratory of Clinical Analysis, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2013.
- Degree in Human Biology, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2012.
- Internship at the Childhood Leukaemia Investigation Prague (CLIP) laboratory, Charles University and University Hospital Motol (Czech Republic), 2019.
- Post-doctoral researcher in the field of leukaemias and non-malignant blood disorders. Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu (IRSJD), since 2013.
- Member of the European Haematology Association (EHA young member).
- Collaborating professor at the Universitat Oberta Catalunya (UOC) in the Master of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics UOC-UB, since 2020.