The multidisciplinary unit for retinoblastoma and orbital tumours at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital works with ophthalmologists and oncologists specialising in eye tumours in children.
The following treatments are used:
- Intra-arterial and intravitreal chemotherapy.
- Complex orbital surgery in children.
- Development of a novel virus treatment.
- Outpatient treatment of childhood haemangioma with propranolol.
We cooperate on research into these diseases with:
- Tumour bank.
- Genetic studies of tumour cells.
We also treat cancer patients who suffer from eye conditions.