Paula Casano Sancho
I have dedicated part of my professional career to the study of growth and puberty in children, especially in patients born with low birth weight. I work with national and international research groups in this area. Since 2007 I have been coordinating the Neuroendocrinology programme with specialised care of patients with pituitary disorders (growth hormone deficiency, hypopituitarism, pituitary adenomas) and paediatric endocrine tumours (thyroid, adrenal, ovarian nodules). I have tried to improve the quality of life of survivors of childhood cancer by performing protocolised monitoring of the after-effects they suffer. This is a pioneering project carried out in conjunction with the Oncology-Haematology team. In the personal sphere, my biggest pleasure is an endless afternoon on the beach back home with my children and friends.
- Phd in Medicine from the University of Barcelona, 2009.
- Master’s degree in Paediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology. University of Barcelona. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2004.
- Paediatrics Specialist. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 2002.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Barcelona, 1997.
- Member of the SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital Foundation research group on Paediatric illnesses with onset at early age.
- Member of the Thyroid Working Group of the Spanish Paediatric Endocrinology Society (SEEP).
- Principal investigator and co-investigator in various competitive research projects.
- ESPE 2017 and ENDO 2016 awards for best poster and SEEP 2013 award for best publication.
- Articles in national and international publications.
- Coordinator of the Master’s in Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University of Barcelona since 2015.
- Management of Courses for updating Paediatric Endocrinology at the University of Barcelona since 2010.
- Tutor of Paediatrics Residents at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital since 2008.
- Associate Lecturer at the University of Barcelona since 2017.