Alejandro Rivera Baró
Stomatology and Orthodontics
You will find me at
Spanish and Catalan
I earned my degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1982 and I specialised in Stomatology in 1986 at the University of Barcelona. I completed my post-graduate training in Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry at SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, where I started and continue working. I have been the Head of the Dentistry and Orthodontics Department since 2011.
- Post-graduate Degree in Orthodontics. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 1991.
- Post-graduate Degree in Paediatric Dentistry. SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 1988.
- Specialist in Stomatology. University of Barcelona, 1986.
- Undergraduate Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona, 1982.
- A total of 25 published scientific articles.
- Active participation in 36 national conventions (SEDO, SEOP, SOCEFF) and 5 international conventions.
- Speaker at 10 national and 4 international conventions.
- Organising committee member of 3 national conventions: SEDO, SOCEFF.
- Author of two chapters of the book “Diagnóstico y tratamiento en Ortodoncia” (Diagnosis and Treatment in Dentistry) ISBN 9788490221167. Elsevier España. Chapters 6-9. Dr JM Ustrell.
- President of the Spanish Society for Facial Fissures (SOCEFF), 2009 - 2015.
- Co-Director of the Master’s in Orthodontics and Dento-facial Deformations, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, since 2012.
- Professor of Clinical Care. Master’s Degree in Paediatric Dentistry, University of Barcelona.
- Director of the Hospital Dentistry Course (6th year), Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona.
How to request a treatment in SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Our hospital is dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents.